Monday 16 August 2010

Heraldic Homework


One activity that I love setting my students is to design a heraldic shield that represents them as either a person or as a family. The students can do this in a number of different ways... we have had huge posters, small clay models and papier mache covered cardboard which has then been painted. Last year a student of mine did hers online using a section of the VA website which can be accessed here.

I liked her entry that much that the class all had a go at making their own in an ICT suite... I wasn't too surprised that in an all girls school quite a few of them decided to use the male shields as well as the female one (their argument was that it was much bigger). This is a homework task that I shall be repeating this year and hopefully we will get some ICT driven ones that are as good as the two student ones I have uploaded onto this blog post...

Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment